Re: UNANSWERED QUESTIONS

From: GAG <ggilchr_at_worldweb.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 1995 23:23:43 GMT

In article <Henry_okeeffe.36.000CAC2E_at_inmarsat.org>, Henry_okeeffe_at_inmarsat.org (Henry O' Keeffe) says:

>In article <3i6c5h$771_at_s-cwis.unomaha.edu> ckrebs_at_s-cwis.unomaha.edu (Christopher K. Krebs) writes:
>>From: ckrebs_at_s-cwis.unomaha.edu (Christopher K. Krebs)
>>Subject: UNANSWERED QUESTIONS
>>Date: 19 Feb 1995 02:58:57 GMT

>>I have never read a newsgroup with so many unanswered questions.
>>What a shame. Not a bad database.
>
>I've had many private emails to questions which never seemed to get "posted"
>answers. I think maybe people are afraid of saying something that's wrong, as
>there are so many experts out there. The shame is that nobody is an expert on
>evrything, and so there's no need to be afraid "to have a go".
>
>So, In answer to your post, I believe that the posters get answers via
>email. I myself don't usually re-post replies, because my queries usually are
>pretty trivial, however I may stick a "I will post a summary of replies" to my
>questions if I believe that others would be interested. Also this makes the
>emailer aware that his reply may be posted.
>
>I myself fall foul to the " I'll email instaead of post " syndrome, and
>generally prefer to email the poster directly. I suppose that this should
>really be discouraged, and people should be encouraged to post whenever
>possible, as it helps so many others. I think I'll change to this method
>from now on!
>
>Regards,
>Henry.
>

>>Chris Krebs
>

>Henry_Okeeffe_at_Inmarsat.Org
>
>All opinions expressed here are not necessarily the opinions of my
>employer.

I reply to many a question ... almost always by e-mail and only occasionally so I post replies.... I been flamed too many times by some very rude "experts" ... so now I mostly keep to myself !

Regards
GAG Received on Fri Feb 24 1995 - 00:23:43 CET

Original text of this message