NT server, pro/con

From: Stephen H Fick <shf_at_world.std.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 1995 00:19:29 GMT

While working on an assignment to choose a database product, I've just been asked to look into using an NT server rather than a Sun Solaris 2.x server.

I'm interested in hearing people's evaluation of the merits and demerits of an NT server in a server/client RDB environment. Speed, reliability, security, expandability, ease of learning the system administration work, ease of performing it--talking here about the NT side of things, not the RDB side--are obvious areas of concern. Are there others? How does NT stack up, to date?

As you may have deduced, I have plenty of Unix experience, none with NT.

Will be glad to post a summary, or to forward to individual responders.

Tia,
Steve Received on Sat Feb 18 1995 - 01:19:29 CET

Original text of this message