Re: Oracle/Unix/Netware???

From: Ron Olshavsky <rono_at_cais.cais.com>
Date: 5 Feb 1995 16:53:38 GMT

Ron Olshavsky (rono_at_cais2.cais.com) sent a sub-space message which said:

:< Anyone tell me how ORACLE 7 running on an IBM AIX box can be gotten to
:< by users logging into a Multi-Netware 3.12 server WAN?

:< I guess Im looking for a way for the ORACLE Listener on the AIX box to be
:< seen from the Netware clients...

:< Is there someway for a Unix box to see/read/send/understand SPX
:< packets? I was under the impression that Unix was TCP/IP and that was
:< about it, but our sales slime said it can be done, but Im not sure...

I guess as a follow up, I should say that we also will have 4 NETWARE NLM Oracle databases running on the WAN, and folks need to be able to get to any of them, including the UNIX based one, by using the remote lines inthe CONFIG.ORA...

Ron
 --

				     ,,,
				    (o o)