Re: startup error - personal oracle

From: Doug Bitting <dbitting_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 1995 18:05:58 -0800

In article <3gsbep$581_at_hk.super.net>, costing_at_hk.super.net (Mr Gavin Daryl Costin) wrote:

> I downloaded the personal oracle onto my notebook( 8 Meg Memory ) , while
>running the install I got the insufficient memory problem. I ran the install2
>sql script but still cannot startup without getting error "ORA-9638". Can't
>find any reference to this in the install notes, can anyone suggest a
>solution ?

Please take a look at
http://www.oracle.com/support/personalOracle7/po7-tips.html

It has this to say about your error:

-=-=-=-
An ORA-9368 error typically means you don't have enough memory.

The Personal Oracle7 database requires your PC to have 16Mb of physical RAM in it (virtual memory doesn't count). If you try to run Personal Oracle7 on a PC with less memory, you might get an ORA-9368 error. This isn't the only cause of an ORA-9368, but it's the most common one. -=-=-=-

Regards,

--Doug

--
Doug Bitting
Oracle Worldwide Customer Support / Apple Desktop Products Group