Re: Oracle Pro C problem

From: Chris Barr <cbarr_at_world.std.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 1994 19:46:10 GMT

Jorn Horvik (jornh_at_albatross.no) wrote:
: When I retrieve character strings from the database, the strings are
: padded with blanks. This makes string comparision a bit difficult.

: The question is does anyone know how to avoid the strings being padded
: with blanks?

If padded with blanks, does the Pro*C length value include the suffixed space chars?

If you're already using Pro*C, and evaluation of the 3 char datatypes don't help (char, varchar, varchar2), I'd just write a little routine to copy them. it can be done efficiently.

  • C. --
  • Chris