Re: Oracle Pro C problem

From: Mark McGregor <mmcgreg_at_pebbles.uswnvg.com>
Date: 14 Dec 1994 16:07:45 GMT

: But after recompiling the application with Oracle 7 libs, and Proc C 1.5
: something goes wrong.

: When I retrieve character strings from the database, the strings are
: padded with blanks. This makes string comparision a bit difficult.

One possibility that comes to mind is that V7 differentiates between CHAR and VARCHAR2 fields on table definitions. So, you might want to check if the table was created under V7 with CHAR columns. If that is the case, then everything will be blank padded. Another possibility is using V6 compatibility with the pre-compiler. But this really sounds like a table definition problem, not a Proc C 1.5 problem.

--
Mark McGregor     mmcgreg_at_uswnvg.com

** I try to speak only for myself, so that my foot doesn't end up in **
** someone else's mouth                                              **