Oracle Pro C problem

From: Jorn Horvik <jornh_at_albatross.no>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 09:37:49 GMT

Hi Folks!
I am converting an application that inserts and retrieves data from a database using PRO C. The current version uses Oracle 6 and Pro C 1.3 and everything works fine!

But after recompiling the application with Oracle 7 libs, and Proc C 1.5 something goes wrong.

When I retrieve character strings from the database, the strings are padded with blanks. This makes string comparision a bit difficult.

The question is does anyone know how to avoid the strings being padded with blanks?

I have tried both MODE=ANSI and MODE=ORACLE, but that does not seem to help.

Thanks

Jorn Received on Tue Dec 13 1994 - 10:37:49 CET

Original text of this message