Re: Mac ODBC

From: <johnsona_at_ashley.cofc.edu>
Date: 12 Dec 94 05:32:19 -0500

In article <9412071234.AA15025_at_drdapb.crad.dnd.ca>, jcl_at_sparky.crad.dnd.ca (JC Lachapelle) writes:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone yet have a Macintosh ODBC driver that I can use from Microsoft
> Query. I am using Microsoft office on PC's to access our ORACLE7 databases, I
> think it's great, I have no problem using the PC's to do the reporting I
> want, but, I have not found an ODBC for the Mac's yet. Can someone tell me
> when and where I can obtain the Mac ODBC.

Give it up. I was told by my Oracle rep that Oracle has "NO PLANS" on writing an ODBC driver for the mac. Something about no market (and I know now of at least two people who might be interested :-))

> Pre-Thanks,

Post you're welcome. Sorry the news is no better

Alan Johnson
General Engineering Labs
Charleston,SC 29414
alan.johnson_at_gel.com
johnsona_at_ashley.cofc.edu Received on Mon Dec 12 1994 - 11:32:19 CET

Original text of this message