Re: Mac ODBC

From: Doug Bitting <dbitting_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 13 Dec 1994 00:39:46 GMT

johnsona_at_ashley.cofc.edu wrote:

> In article <9412071234.AA15025_at_drdapb.crad.dnd.ca>, jcl_at_sparky.crad.dnd.ca (JC Lachapelle) writes:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone yet have a Macintosh ODBC driver that I can use from Microsoft
> > Query. I am using Microsoft office on PC's to access our ORACLE7 databases, I
> > think it's great, I have no problem using the PC's to do the reporting I
> > want, but, I have not found an ODBC for the Mac's yet. Can someone tell me
> > when and where I can obtain the Mac ODBC.
>
> Give it up. I was told by my Oracle rep that Oracle has "NO PLANS" on
> writing an ODBC driver for the mac. Something about no market (and I
> know now of at least two people who might be interested :-))

Actually, while Oracle isn't writing one, other companies are. InterSolv is writing an ODBC driver for Oracle Databases that I believe uses our SQL*Net driver. You can contact Intersolv at 800-876-3101 or fax them at 919 859-6593.

I do not know if there are other ODBC -> Oracle drivers although I know that there is an ODBC->DAL driver which can then go to a DAL server which would talk to an Oracle server... don't know who makes it though.

Hope this information help,
--Doug Bitting
  Oracle Worldwide Customer Support
  Apple Desktop Products Group
  Disclaimer: This is not an endorsement of any kind. I have never

              seen the products I mentioned here.  I am only aware of
              their existence.