ORACLE 6.0 ODBC Drivers?

From: Ken Rimple <krimple_at_netaxs.com>
Date: 19 Oct 1994 19:13:34 GMT

Hello All!

I am working on researching an ODBC driver for ORACLE 6.0. The driver we have currently does not support the kind of speed we are looking for, and takes about 15 seconds to connect to a databse.

We are using VB 3.0 -> ODBC -> SQLNET 1.1 -> ORACLE 6.0 on an Intergraph server... We also have the Sheridan Software VBXs, so the coding is great (if we could get fast ORACLE response time).

SQL*PLUS connects fine, and performs relatively well.

So does Powerbuilder.

Hmm... It's the whole ODBC layer that is slow. Any clues?

Thanks in advance,

Ken Rimple, ITI

--

Ken Rimple           | "Brave Fortunato..."
Ardmore, PA          |         ---Edgar Allen Poe

The thoughts represented here are solely of the author's. No company representation is implied. Received on Wed Oct 19 1994 - 20:13:34 CET

Original text of this message