Order_id != Order_id in FOrms 4.0 ???

From: Richard D Holowczak <holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu>
Date: 19 Oct 1994 16:21:22 -0400

Please help me out with this one.
I have two tables, ORDERS and ORDER_DETAILS. The Primary key in ORDERS is:

   ORDER_NUMBER CHAR(40) It is also a Foreign Key in ORDER_DETAILS.

I'm using an Oracle SEQUENCE to generate new Order Numbers.

With these two blocks in Forms 4.0, the detail items can be inserted, but when I query the detail block, no records are found.

Here is what I discovered. If I change the datatype of the hidden Foreign Key field ORDER_NUMBER in the ORDER_DETAILS block to "INT" everything works OK. With this field datatype set to CHAR the query does not work.

The same exact form under Forms 3.0 does not have this behaviour.

Any suggestions as to why this happens ?

Thanks

Rich Holowczak
Rutgers University
holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu Received on Wed Oct 19 1994 - 21:21:22 CET

Original text of this message