Re: What Platform for Oracle7??

From: Carl Churchman <Carl_at_carlc.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 1994 22:22:39 +0000

In article: <37ugff$6ks_at_s-cwis.unomaha.edu> tbowley_at_s-cwis.unomaha.edu (BOWLEY) writes:

> We are in the process of procuring an Oracle7 application
> and tools for an analytical chemistry laboratory. It will
> be a 20 user system, but will rarely have 20 concurrent
> users. Our choices for a platform are Sun or HP, we've
> got contracts with both. Anybody want to steer me towards
> one or away from another? Opinions appreciated!
>
> Tyler B.

Not much experiance with Sun but HP seem to charge extra for EVERYTHING, even things you thought were included in the price ( Terminal running OpenView... "Oh the Software is extra, you just bought the terminal and O.S." )

Just my two penny's worth
Carl Churchman
carl_at_carlc.demon.co.uk Received on Wed Oct 19 1994 - 23:22:39 CET

Original text of this message