Re: ORACLEware/Novell Problems Still

From: DAGMARA_at_DELPHI.COM <(DAGMARA_at_DELPHI.COM)>
Date: 18 Oct 1994 23:45:49 -0000

Unfortunately, this was a joint effort: I handled the ORACLE side, with someone else handling the Novell/ORACLEware area. I used the default 4K blocks creating ORACLE, only to later discover Novell had been created with 64K blocks. According to my literature, DB_BLOCK_SIZE cannot exceed 8K. So after wrangling all day, I did win this battle; the network folks are tearing down the ORACLE server and rebuilding Novell volumes using 4K blocks. But thanks, I needed that...

Dagmar Anne Bogan

Kopania & Komorovski
Richardson, TX 75081 Received on Wed Oct 19 1994 - 00:45:49 CET

Original text of this message