Re: ORACLEware/Novell Problems Still

From: Doug Bitting <dbitting_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 19 Oct 1994 14:19:34 GMT

> According to my literature, DB_BLOCK_SIZE cannot exceed
> 8K.

Keep in mind that disk block size and system page size are two very different things. I do not know anything about Novell's page sizes since I don't know anything about Novell, but the DB_BLOCK_SIZE should be the same size as your system page size (ie, one page of memory). DB_BLOCK_SIZE often cannot be the same size as your disk block size since disk partitions tend to be rather large these days.

--Doug Bitting
  Oracle Worldwide Techincal Support
  Apple Desktop Products Division
  Disclaimer: Oracle doesn't always agree with what I say here. Received on Wed Oct 19 1994 - 15:19:34 CET

Original text of this message