Re: Need Help with CASE*Designer and MacX

From: Grant Johnson <445362_at_aisserver2.llnl.gov>
Date: 26 Sep 1994 16:40:43 GMT

   From: jcl_at_sparky.crad.dnd.ca (JC Lachapelle)    Newsgroups: comp.databases.oracle
   Date: Mon, 26 Sep 1994 09:39:17 -0500    Organization: Chief Research And Development (CRAD) Branch, NDHQ    Reply-To: jcl_at_sparky.crad.dnd.ca (JC Lachapelle)

   Hi,

   I am trying to access CASE*Designer from MacX. I have installed the fonts in    MacX as required in bulletin #100988.631. ORACLE did not send me installation    manuals with the program, just the user's guide,tutorial and referance    manuals, so I have to rely on bulletins, README.doc files and MacX    documentation. I would appreciate any help, hints or comments on this matter.

   Pre-Thanks

I assume you're getting the error message from casedes that you haven't installed the fonts. This is due to the way they check for them. You'll find that casedes is a shell script that checks the xfontpath via xrdb. The path name under MacX doesn't match, so it complains. Our solution was to make a copy of casedes and comment out the xrdb lines as follows:

# Set the font path so as to pick up the Oracle supplied fonts
#xset q | fgrep "case_1.1" > /dev/null
#if [ $? -ne 0 ]
#then
# xset +fp $ORACLE_HOME/cdes/admin/fonts/case_1.1
# xset fp rehash
# xset q | fgrep "case_1.1" > /dev/null
# if [ $? -ne 0 ]
# then
# echo "Display $DISPLAY does not have CASE*Designer specific fonts installed."
# echo "Please refer to CASE*Designer Installation Guide to install fonts onto X server display."
# exit 1
# fi
#fi

Post-Welcome

Grant Johnson                                 Internet: grantj_at_llnl.gov
Lawrence Livermore National Lab	           PacBell Net: (510) 423-0406