stored-procedure

From: Virinchipuram J. A. <fbap3120_at_leonis.nus.sg>
Date: 26 Sep 1994 06:48:21 GMT

Hi oracle gurus!

 I have certain queries regarding stored procedure.

Just to brief U on the system that I am presently working:

        I have MS-Access as the front end to the oracle server. The front end is linked to the server through telephone lines. The, front end will query the server, to download certain data from the server as well as update the server tables.

	Query 1: The front-end clerk enters the Customer ID in the Access
	form. The server has to check the Customer ID and, if he is a
	genuine  customer, has to send certain data, from its tables, to the
	front-end, which it will store temporarily. Now to perform this
	I can write stored procedures at the server, which will take the
	customer Id as the parameter. Now my question, is how will the
	procedure return value? (in this case it is going to be a set of
	records). I am using pl/sql.

	My other query is does the stored-procedure behave in the
	same manner as SQL, that I can pass-through from Access?

--
Anand. V. J				Internet:fbap3120_at_leonis.nus.sg
Dept Of Decision Sciences

Original text of this message