Re: ORATERM New Devices

From: William Kaufman <wkaufman_at_wkaufman.us.oracle.com>
Date: 7 Sep 1994 15:41:20 GMT

In article <34j9hv$dhd_at_psuvax1.cse.psu.edu> groenvel_at_sml.cse.psu.edu (John D Groenveld) writes:

] In article <34j5p3$d9q_at_dcsun4.us.oracle.com> wkaufman_at_wkaufman.us.oracle.com (William Kaufman) writes:
] >In article <34iuqc$onr_at_search01.news.aol.com> barberl_at_aol.com (Barberl) writes:
] >] You'll be glad to know that ORACLE (lack-of) support says oraterm20 does
] >] not work
] >
] > I'm not sure who you're talking to, or what they said exactly, or
] >which version of OT you're using. But, it definitely *does* work.
] >
] *stuff deleted*
] Funny, I was told by an Oracle Techie that OraTerm 20 wasnt working as well.
] I was told that it was still a beta product. (I believe this was OraTerm 2O
] of the CDE with Forms 4.0.12) A month later when I logged a TAR on modifying
] resource files, I was told that it was working-production software.

    OK, yes, the version that shipped with Forms 4.0.12 (I think that was OT 2.0.7 or so), was a beta product, and did have some problems. These were ironed out by production, with a *much* improved and simpler interface, complete documentation (both on-line and hardcopy), and (of course) fewer bugs--there are only a couple we know of, and none that are (IMHO) serious. (If anyone's still having trouble, you should talk to support, so we can get working on it.)

    The production version was (I think) about a year ago. You might want to upgrade your system--for the newer version of Forms, even more than for OT. (The current version of OT is 2.0.10; that might not be available everywhere, but it's largely the same as 2.0.9.19.)

  • Bill K.

Bill Kaufman | "I mean ... it's not even been a two-and-two-make- wkaufman_at_us.oracle.com | five sort of day, it's more like a two-and-two-