Re: SQLSPX .DLL??

From: Richard D Holowczak <holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu>
Date: 15 Aug 94 01:25:22 GMT

u4imcehb_at_apollo.wes.army.mil (Harry Boswell) writes:

>I've discovered a file called SQLSPX.DLL on my system (which I obviously
>didn't know was there). I've been using SQLPME and SQLSPX for DOS to
>connect to a Netware Oracle7 database. Does this DLL mean that I can
>set up an ODBC driver to connect MS Access or others with my Netware
>database? I tried setting it up, using "X:server:dbid", but I got the
>message from ODBC that the server couldn't be located. Any help out
>there? There doesn't appear to be any documentation about this DLL.

   When installing the client side software, you most likely    installed SQL*Net SPX for MS-Windows. This typically comes with the    Oracle 7 distribution for Netware. (although not always).

  If you have a valid SQL*Net for Windows license and have correctly   installed the software (SQLSPX.DLL is just one of the files)   then yes indeed you can do what you suggest. Note that when using   SQL*Net for Windows, SQLPME and SQLSPX for DOS are not used in   any way.

  Look for other files such as COREWIN.DLL and ORA7WIN.DLL. These   are also neccessary "Windows Support" files.

  As always, let me know if you'd like specific set up files   or if you have any other questions.

Rich Holowczak
Rutgers University
holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu Received on Mon Aug 15 1994 - 03:25:22 CEST

Original text of this message