Re: BIG Joins

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_rossinc.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 1994 17:32:43 GMT

In article <305so3$50k_at_panix.com> janest_at_panix.com (John Anest) writes:
>In article <9407131738.PN05420_at_LL.MIT.EDU> forgy_at_ll.mit.edu (James Forgy) writes:
>>In article <Csw32B.Ju7_at_Unify.com> jde_at_Unify.com (Jeff Evarts) writes:
>>>From: jde_at_Unify.com (Jeff Evarts)
>>>Subject: BIG Joins
>>>Date: Wed, 13 Jul 1994 17:25:23 GMT

>>>I`m curious... how many people out there know of a runtime environment
>>>where a "common" operation on a database involves a join of more than,
>>>say, 5 tables?

Interesting question from someone from Unify. Look in your bug database for the known bug that Unify older versions can't join more that 5 tables. The look at all the complaints I made before you guys told me about it, because it is real easy to get more than 5 tables in any kind of inventory system. But I guess I'm the only one out here that has ever tried to make an inventory-tracking system under Unify. Location|Location-Details|Who-Cares-About-Location|Device|Sub-Assembly|Parts |Scheduling|Costs|Donuts

--
Joel Garry       joelga_at_amber.rossinc.com       Compuserve 70661,1534
These are my opinions, not necessarily those of Ross Systems, Inc.