Re: Accessing another user's tables

From: Jim Hill <jthill_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 1994 05:53:12 GMT

In article <2t7i9p$iue_at_uuneo.neosoft.com> chadb_at_NeoSoft.com writes:

>>Another possibility is to create a fake user (with e.g. a 0 space quota),
>>and create the application synonyms there; then anyone who wants to use
>>the application can specify application.view
>
>How do you do this?? This is what I need....

Just like that. 'CREATE USER theapp IDENTIFIED BY regit' and 'GRANT CREATE SYNONYM TO theapp'. "theapp" will now be able only to create synonyms, so the application developer sets things up wherever they are, grants access as usual, and signs on to theapp:

conn jojo/oof
create table blah...
grant all on blah to bar;
conn theapp/regit;
create synonym blah for jojo.blah;
conn bar/rab;
select * from theapp.blah;

modulo perhaps a grant on the synonym, but i don't think so Jim Received on Sat Jun 11 1994 - 07:53:12 CEST

Original text of this message