Re: LONG RAW (V7) DATATYPE

From: Divad777 <divad777_at_aol.com>
Date: 11 Jun 1994 01:19:04 -0400

In article <nalbone-290394172232_at_peabody.bms.com>, nalbone_at_bms.com (Scientific Information Systems) writes:

To insert graphics into a LONG RAW is not trivial unless you are using FORMs 4.0 or Graphics.
Currently we use PRO*C dynamic method four (in the PRO*C book). This is a lower level method of passing any type of data into a database buffer that then ORACLE places in the database. This method is used to build queries with variable WHERE clauses, but can also be used to insert data. We use it to move graphics from an optical jukebox into the database.
Have fun!

David Huet
Oracle Complex Systems Received on Sat Jun 11 1994 - 07:19:04 CEST

Original text of this message