Accessing another user's tables

From: <jmatthews_at_nova.wright.edu>
Date: 6 Jun 94 23:07:24 EST

A user, scott, has some tables and some forms that manipulate those tables. Another user, john, wants to run those forms. After granting access to his tables to john (or public), I would have thought that scott should refer to his tables (in his form's code) as scott.tablename. Instead, a colleague suggested using the unadorned tablename and creating (public) synonym(s) for scott's tables.

Any thoughts on which approach to prefer? Thanks.

| John B. Matthews, jmatthews_at_nova.wright.edu, disclaimer:= myViews <> WSU |
| "Whom the gods would destroy, they first invite to program in C" |