Re: Accessing another user's tables

From: <chadb_at_NeoSoft.com>
Date: 7 Jun 1994 18:22:18 GMT

In <1994Jun6.230724.23032_at_nova.wright.edu>, jmatthews_at_nova.wright.edu writes:
>A user, scott, has some tables and some forms that manipulate
>those tables. Another user, john, wants to run those forms.
>After granting access to his tables to john (or public), I would
>have thought that scott should refer to his tables (in his
>form's code) as scott.tablename. Instead, a colleague suggested
>using the unadorned tablename and creating (public) synonym(s)
>for scott's tables.
>
>Any thoughts on which approach to prefer? Thanks.

I'm new to Oracle, so forgive my ignorance. This "feature" of Oracle seems to be a MAJOR hiderance. How can I store more than one data set on a database without creating sysnonyms or hardcoding the schema name into my SQL code??

  Chad

--
Chad Brockman            |
VertiComp, Inc           | I'm just an OS/2 Junkie!!