Re: How to create a table in PL/SQL?

From: Jose Patino <patinoj_at_merlin.incae.ac.cr>
Date: Wed, 11 May 1994 14:06:09 GMT

In article <2qoipv$dqk_at_gaia.cc.gatech.edu> warner_at_cc.gatech.edu (Byron Warner        ) writes:

>From: warner_at_cc.gatech.edu (Byron Warner )
>Subject: How to create a table in PL/SQL?
>Date: 10 May 1994 14:12:15 -0400

>When I try to use create in a SQL*Forms procedure I get this
>message:

> PL/SQL error 103 at line 9, column 7:
> Encountered the symbol "CREATE" which is an unsupported reserved word.

>Does anyone know why?

>I was stuffing the string #in(1,2,3,.. ) into a field during a PRE-QUERY
>trigger, but this blows up if the string is to long, so I decided to put
>the keys into a temporary table and put the string #in(select * from <table>
>into the key field instead, but I can not create a temporary table.

>--
>Byron F. Warner | Phone: (404)953-4531
>College of Computing | Internet: warner_at_cc.gatech.edu
>Georgia Institute of Technology | Atlanta Georgia, 30332
>"The opinions expressed here should be yours too!"

When we want to create a temporary table in Forms we use the Host Command to execute a sql script to do the create and then returns to Forms again and use the table. At the end we call another script to drop the temporary table.

Example Host('sqlplus -s user/password _at_sqlscript.sql, no_screen);

Hope this helps Received on Wed May 11 1994 - 16:06:09 CEST

Original text of this message