Re: How to create a table in PL/SQL?

From: Leo Mannhart <mannhart_at_zuv.unizh.ch>
Date: Wed, 11 May 1994 08:59:25 GMT

In article <2qoipv$dqk_at_gaia.cc.gatech.edu>, warner_at_cc.gatech.edu (Byron Warner ) wrote:

> When I try to use create in a SQL*Forms procedure I get this
> message:
>
> PL/SQL error 103 at line 9, column 7:
> Encountered the symbol "CREATE" which is an unsupported reserved word.
>
> Does anyone know why?
>
> I was stuffing the string #in(1,2,3,.. ) into a field during a PRE-QUERY
> trigger, but this blows up if the string is to long, so I decided to put
> the keys into a temporary table and put the string #in(select * from <table>
> into the key field instead, but I can not create a temporary table.

DDL-statements are not allowed in a pre-query trigger (there should be no problem in executing DDL-statments by redefining the app KEY (enter-query execute-query resp.) other than a possible "record changed by an other user".

But why not defining the query-length for that field with CHAR(255) ? Is it already that long?

--
Leo Mannhart
Planning Office