Error logs from within SQL

From: Dr P.G. Sjoerdsma <pgs1002_at_cus.cam.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1993 12:31:00 GMT

Using Oracle to store a paleo-climatologic data I use Perl to write SQL programs to enter and update data, references to articles etc. I try to check all the data as much as possible but sometimes things go wrong, like for eaxmple a "'" in a person's name. Is there a way to let oracle write these mistakes to an error log?? At this moment there is no way fro me to see where it went wrong and so it's hard to change the checking programs.

Thanks
--

                                 ___
                                (o o)

Paul Sjoerdsma, Godwin Laboratory, Free School Lane, Cambridge CB2 3RS England fax: (44) (0)223-334871, email: pgs1002_at_cus.cam.ac.uk