Re: OS/2 client <-> SQL*Net SPX <-> Oracle 6.0 Netware problems

From: Richard D Holowczak <holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu>
Date: 16 Oct 93 20:36:57 GMT

ernst_at_cs.tu-berlin.de (Ernst Kloecker) writes:

>Did anybody experience this before :

>OS/2 client program (Pro*C) linked with the static version of SQL*Net SPX
>library is attached to Oracle 6.0 on Netware 3.11. As long as I start up
>and terminate the client program in an ordinary fashion, everything works
>fine.

>But once I terminate the client program by killing its process and start
>it again afterwards I get ORA-6465 (Error receiving SPX packets).

>Worse, at the same time the Netware server crashes !!!!!!!
>Error message is "Invalid semaphore passed to kernel (SPX Shadow Process)",
>or something similar.

  Yow! Sounds pretty ugly. When you "terminate" the client,   does Oracle server still think it's connected ? Check the   Orasrv process to see if one connection goes away. If not,   try playing with the server to see if you can get it   remove the defunct client processes first before attempting   to reconnect.

  Not super helpful I know but, I try :)

Rich Holowczak
Rutgers University
holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu Received on Sat Oct 16 1993 - 21:36:57 CET

Original text of this message