Re: ORACLE Auto Start On ALPHA Boot

From: <hazledine_at_embl-heidelberg.de>
Date: 25 Sep 93 17:39:46 +0100

kag_at_icf.hrb.com (Kevin A. Glossner) writes:

> I am attempting to startup ORACLE automatically on an APLHA upon bootup.
> Upon boot, I get an error indicating that a non-ORACLE User (SYSTEM) cannot
> perform an ORACLE DBA command (CONNECT INTERNAL).

Under VAX/VMS, the VMS usernames used to issue SQL*DBA commands need the VMS rights id ORA_DBA. Could the absence of the rights id ORA_DBA from the SYSTEM username, or something similar, be the problem perhaps?

David Hazledine                                                EMBL Data Library
Database Administrator                                                PF 10.2209
EMBL Data Library                                       6900 Heidelberg, Germany

Internet: Hazledine_at_EMBL-Heidelberg.DE