ORACLE Auto Start On ALPHA Boot

From: Kevin A. Glossner <kag_at_icf.hrb.com>
Date: 24 Sep 93 09:38:07 EST

I am attempting to startup ORACLE automatically on an APLHA upon bootup.

I initially edited the SYS$COMMON:[SYSMGR]SYSTARTUP_VMS.COM Site Specific startup file, placing the following commands at the end of the file:

$ _at_SYS$COMMON:[ORACLE.UTIL]orauser
$ insoracle
$ inscrtl
$ _at_SYS$COMMON:[ORACLE.DB_MSG_DATA]startup_exclusive_msg_data

Upon boot, I get an error indicating that a non-ORACLE User (SYSTEM) cannot perform an ORACLE DBA command (CONNECT INTERNAL).

I then modified this file by placing the following command prior to the lines listed above:

$ set uic oracle

Upon boot, I now get the following ORACLE error:

        ORA-010301: Insufficient Privileges

I verified that the process rights identifier was properly set up and assigned to the SYSTEM and ORACLE accounts. In addition, I tried increasing the GROUP number of the SYSTEM account UIC to a number above 8 as suggested in the ORACLE manual. Nothing worked.

INTERESTING NOTE: If I log onto the ALPHA under the SYSTEM account and execute

                  these same commands interactively, the ORACLE database comes
                  up just fine.

If anyone knows what's going on or what I could try to pinpoint the problem, I would appreciate your response.

Thanks,

Kevin Received on Fri Sep 24 1993 - 16:38:07 CEST

Original text of this message