Re: Terminate Users!!

From: <pcser1_at_ed.petech.ac.za>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1993 11:58:32 GMT

In article <19930916143125.daren_at_firefly.ucs.mun.ca> daren_at_morgan.ucs.mun.ca (Daren Janes) writes:
>Platform: SUN UNIX, ORACLE Version 6 DBMS.
>We have a need to terminate users that are connected to a database
>overnight. Is there a clean automatic way to accomplish this on
>our platform. Asking our users to logoff before they go home
>simply do not cut it!!
>All suggestions are welcome!
>----

I am from Port Elizabeth Technikon South Africa. We are running oracle on a hp 867 9000 box hp-ux 9. I alsow have the problem that at night the users stay loged on when I want to do backup. What I do to stop this is run " sqldba command=shutdown immediate" this kill's all oracle process and I then start up the database as normal. As to kill the UNIX process still running I am at present writing a script to kill all process that are left running once the Database is taken down . I will let you have a copy as soon as it's up to standerd. If you want it ? pcser1_at_ed.petech.ac.za