Re: SQL*NET and orasrv Errors

From: <pcser1_at_ed.petech.ac.za>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1993 12:07:41 GMT

In article <tjspiel.748204245_at_nwnt14> tjspiel_at_nwnt14.mnet.uswest.com (Tom Spielman) writes:
>When trying to connect remotely to an Oracle Server running on a DG Aviion using
>SQL*Net, I get the message "Error during Connect -3113", which is an end
>of file on communication channel error.
>
>When I issue a tcpctl stat command on the DG, it says that there are
>65535 Active subprocesses, which is way high. It reports this same number
>all the time, even just after orasrv was started (I don't think there is
>really that many).

What machine are you useing and what network software are you useing. I am running oracle on HP 9000/867 hp-ux 9 and am useing pc/tcp emulation software . I seems to be working 100% I am runing ORACLE BROWSER and I have had no problem just make sure that you have version 1.1.7.6 or later of SQL*NET. I know that the earler versions had errors. If you need help you can email me at pcser1_at_ed.petech.ac.za