Re: Terminate Users!!

From: Andrew Jones (lrpr_at_unb.ca) <LRPR_at_UNB.CA>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1993 18:37:01 GMT

In article <CDpD9M.8L0_at_hippo.ru.ac.za> pcser1_at_ed.petech.ac.za writes:
>In article <19930916143125.daren_at_firefly.ucs.mun.ca> daren_at_morgan.ucs.mun.ca (Daren Janes) writes:
>>Platform: SUN UNIX, ORACLE Version 6 DBMS.
>>We have a need to terminate users that are connected to a database
>>overnight. Is there a clean automatic way to accomplish this on
>>our platform. Asking our users to logoff before they go home
>>simply do not cut it!!
>>All suggestions are welcome!
>>----
>I am from Port Elizabeth Technikon South Africa. We are running
>oracle on a hp 867 9000 box hp-ux 9. I alsow have the problem that at night
>the users stay loged on when I want to do backup. What I do to stop
>this is run " sqldba command=shutdown immediate" this kill's all oracle
>process and I then start up the database as normal. As to kill the UNIX
>process still running I am at present writing a script to kill all process
>that are left running once the Database is taken down . I will let you have
>a copy as soon as it's up to standerd. If you want it ?
>pcser1_at_ed.petech.ac.za
>>daren_at_morgan.ucs.mun.ca

    I, too, would like a copy of this, as we have the identical problem. Thanks in advance. Andrew Jones, LRPR_at_UNB.CA

  Andrew Jones (LRPR_at_UNB.CA) "##include <standard disclaimer>"

|   "Give up, Earthlings!  Your superior   |
|  intelligence is no match for our puny   |
|  weapons!"                               |
|    (The Simpsons' Halloween II Aliens)   |