SQL*Net, Winsock and DNS

From: Shiraz Kanga <skanga_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1993 00:28:20 GMT

Some folks wanted some more info on this so here it is. Oracle's SQL*Net TCP/IP 1.1.7.7A and 1.1.7.7B will support FTP's PC/TCP v2.2 with the WINSOCK interface. In fact this combination does work with Domain Name Services even though the release notes state that it isnt supported.

Hint: Get WINSOCK.DLL version 1.06 dated May 4, 1993

Hope this helps

Shiraz

PS: Please try to refrain from sending e-mails requesting help on something or the other. For that you need to call Oracle Support. (BTW support via e-mail is being looked into.) I cannot singlehandedly provide support to everyone on the net! Post responses here and I may get to them as and when I have the time. Thanx - shiraz

--
Shiraz Kanga (skanga_at_oracle.com) Tel: (415)506-5412 Fax: (415)506-7822
Analyst -- Worldwide Technical Support (On Rotation to the CASE Group)