Re: prompt&answer on forms 3.0

From: <ballpe_at_cnb07v.hhcs.gov.au>
Date: 20 Aug 93 15:11:02 +1000

In article <1993Aug17.142433.4186_at_convex.com>, cgraham_at_convex.com (Chip Graham) writes:
> Does anyone have experience with prompt & answer in forms 3.0? I need
> to prompt the users for a response and then process accordingly. I
> could do this with forms 2.3, but cannot find any documentation on
> this in forms 3.0. I really do not want to put in a pop-up window
> just to get a one character response from the user. If you have a
> sample of prompt & answer syntax I would appreciate it. I am open
> to other ideas also!

Maybe I'm being thick (as usual ;-) ), but why don't you want to pop up a dialog box? This is the "user-friendly" way to get input, isn't it?

We have applications that pop-up a window as a dialog box and get a single character input in the field. Seems to work okay...

If you just want them to acknowledge something on the screen, you can put in a PAUSE command, but I take it you want them to make a choice. What did you have in mind?

--

    /\       Peter Ball                 (ballpe_at_hhcs.gov.au)
   /  \      Systems Development Officer