Re: DUPLICATE key in Index/Sql*Forms30

From: Ed Maldonado <maldonad_at_motu370e.comm.mot.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1993 18:44:19 GMT

In article <1993Jul6.165914.22330_at_ucsu.Colorado.EDU> farnham_at_spot.Colorado.EDU (Farnham Dave) writes:

>Scenario: I have four block in a screen.
> I am entering data for the FIRST time
> in blocks 1 and 2, and then in 3 referenciing
> an existing record in that table for that block,
> and then entering new data in block 4.

	When you "referencing" did you mean Queried, If not then this
	is your problem. By selecting the information into this block
	you have changed the :SYSTEM.RECORD_STATUS to INSERT. If the
	previously mentioned are not the case the verify that any of
	the triggers fired by this event do not change any base table
	field in this block.

> By the way, these are all base table blocks.
>
> When I hit the commit key, Block 3 gives me an
> error saying duplicate key in index. I'm not
> trying to enter new data in block 3, just use an
> existing record that already exists in my table....
> The system.record_status does contain "INSERT" when
> I leave block 3.....
>
> Does anyone have any work arounds for this?
> How do I fake out forms that I don't want to insert
> this records again in block 3, just use it to tie into
> block 4......
>
> I have a feeling I'm gonna have to use a non-base block
> up front and have the real block (table) on page 0....
No this will not help at all because the problem will just be moved to the background.

>Jenny
						Good Luck
						Ed