Re: DUPLICATE key in Index/Sql*Forms30

From: Ron Olshavsky <rono_at_clark.net>
Date: 7 Jul 1993 11:46:03 GMT

Farnham Dave (farnham_at_spot.Colorado.EDU) wrote:

: Scenario:  I have four block in a screen.

: I am entering data for the FIRST time
: in blocks 1 and 2, and then in 3 referenciing
: an existing record in that table for that block,

: and then entering new data in block 4.

: By the way, these are all base table blocks.

: When I hit the commit key, Block 3 gives me an
: error saying duplicate key in index. I'm not
: trying to enter new data in block 3, just use an
: existing record that already exists in my table....

Question: How are you putting the record in block 3?

You should just be querying a record from the DB into that block, but it seems your entering a new record, even though a record with the same data already exists. Received on Wed Jul 07 1993 - 13:46:03 CEST

Original text of this message