Re: Pro*C Help Wanted!

From: Zhang Ju <zhang_at_cs.rochester.edu>
Date: 28 Jun 93 17:06:40 GMT

In article <tssmithC8tH66.K5t_at_netcom.com> tssmith_at_netcom.com (Tim Smith) writes:
>In article <740385705snz_at_hoxton.demon.co.uk> paul_at_hoxton.demo.co.uk writes:
>>In article <bui.739637271_at_honte> bui_at_panda.uleth.ca writes:
>>

>>>Hi everyone:
>>>
>>>After precompiling a Pro*C program (PROG.PC), a C program (PROG.C) is created.
>>>In this C program, I see several symbols (subroutines) SQLAD2,SQLBS2,SQLCOM,

 (lines deleted)
>Oracle support won't help you, either. Don't feel bad about this. To
>repeat; there's no particular reason to be using these calls. For

There could be good reasons to hack on the output C code of Pro*C programs.

One is that Pro*C does not allow Macro defs in array sizes of interface variables. And the scoping rules in SQL sections are different from C's, which could be a problem.

I was forced to use sed/cpp in Makefile to get arround.

Another good reason for understanding these calls is when we are debugging from dbx (or whatever debugger). Fortunately, you can make a good guess about the use of those calls by palying with them.

(lines deleted)

>As the poster from the UK said, you could use the OCIs. This API is
>well-documented (I think--or else it's my fault), and is guaranteed to
I heard the rumor that Oracle would no longer provide the OCI in the future. Is that true?

(Lines deleted)

I havn't been using Oracle for half of a year now, so might be using wrong terminalogy.

Ju Zhang/ the Graduate Student Received on Mon Jun 28 1993 - 19:06:40 CEST

Original text of this message