Re: Why is Oracle expensive?

From: Gary Eckhardt <eckhardg_at_brooks.af.mil>
Date: 12 May 1993 19:57:50 GMT

In article 12MAY199309172338_at_erich.triumf.ca, grant_at_erich.triumf.ca (Peter A. Grant) writes:

> Don't get me wrong: I'm not PC-bashing. ORACLE V6 will certainly fit on the
> type of PC that you have - I was just trying to reflect the fact that it's
> too big for a large number of machines out there. Here, we've ported most of
> the PC databases to the VAX because V6 was just too resource-hungry.

Just to interject my 2cents: The basic jist from Oracle is that there are not - and probably never will be - any future versions of Oracle released on the PC. It's just too dang big now. Probably only larger scale systems and server systems. Received on Wed May 12 1993 - 21:57:50 CEST

Original text of this message