Re: XA interfaces

From: Donal Daly <ddaly_at_nl.oracle.com>
Date: 26 Mar 93 11:34:46 GMT

In article <1993Mar25.075112.7024_at_csis.dit.csiro.au>, tai_at_vela.csis.dit.csiro.au (Tai Tran) writes:

|> Hi everyone,
|>
|> I am using the XA interfaces of Oracle Version 7.0.12. I wrote a simple C++ program
|> trying to find out what the name of the name of this resource manager is, and what
|> the name of the xa_switch_t structure for this resource manager is. When I compiled
|> the program and linked with the library libxa.a, I get the following error :
|>
|> CC -o t1 t1.cc -l/proj/sdss/oracle7.0.12/oracle_home/lib/libxa.a
|> ld: -l/proj/sdss/oracle7.0.12/oracle_home/lib/libxa.a: expected libx.so(.major.minor.xxx)
You will need more than just libxa.a to link your application correctly. You will also need libsql.a, libora.a, libcore.a. If you have network drivers linked into oracle you will also need osntab.o, libsqlnet.a, ntcontab.o, libnetwork.a. You will find all of these in $ORACLE_HOME/lib. You should consult your the Oracle 7.0.12 Installation and User Guide (Chapter 9).

I'm not sure whether we support C++, but I'll guess you will be ok, so long as you use OCI calls to interface to Oracle.

|> Does anybody know:
|> * how to solve this error?
 See above.
|> * what the name of the xa_switch_t structure associated with oracle is?

Oracle's xa_switch_t structure name is xaosw.

|> * what the published name of the Oracle XA interface is?

The resource manager's name within the xa_switch_t structure is Oracle_XA.

|> I am using Oracle with Tuxedo. Does anybody know the format of the "string" that we
|> have to pass to the xa_open routine of the Oracle XA interface when we open the Oracle
|> resource manager?

Again you should consult the documentation, see chapter 9 of the installation guide. It is too detailed to go into here.

Regards, Donal

Donal Daly     	  	E-mail     :  ddaly_at_ie.oracle.com    	Oracle Europe,
S/W Engineer      	Telephone  :  +353 1 2834700  Xtn275	Temple Road,
			Fax        :  +353 1 2834732 		Blackrock,
								Co. Dublin,
								Ireland.
Any opinions expressed above are my own!