Re: env variables (MAD too)

From: Joel Garry <tumidity_at_netlink.cts.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 93 15:35:18 PST

lev_at_ipxed5.nswses.navy.mil (Lloyd E Vancil) writes:

> Ok, I'm mad too.
> I am trying to administer a sun4 oracle installation
> without much training, nor much expierince. My gripe
> is that there does not seem to be ANY consolidated
> list of environmental variable required to make
> the various tools work. It has gotten to
> the point where I call tech and ask, "OK what variable
> haven't you told me about now?"
> so far the list goes like this:
> #*****************************************************
> setenv ORACLE_HOME /spcsed3/oracle
> setenv ORACLE_SID gun1
> setenv MY_TERM '-c xtermsun:sun'
>
> setenv TWO_TASK T:sv3:gun1
> #ORAKITPATH is used by SQL*Forms30, SQL*Menu50, and Oracle*Terminal.
> setenv ORAKITPATH ~oracle/orakit:~oracle
> #MENU5PATH is used by SQL*Menu50.
> setenv MENU5PATH ~oracle/forms30/admin/resource:~oracle
> #ORATERMPATH is used by Oracle*Terminal.
> setenv FORMS30PATH ~oracle/forms30/admin/resource:~oracle
> setenv ORATERMPATH ~oracle/forms30/admin/resource:~oracle
> setenv ORACLE_SERVER ""
> #GFCS_HOME is used by gfcs Mk86 application of oracle to find
> #its sql files, frm files, etc...
> setenv GFCS_HOME ~oracle/gfcsdata/sql
> # oracle_path is used to find app sql menu files
> setenv ORACLE_PATH ~oracle/gfcsdata/sql
> #set ORAENV_ASK=NO
> #source /usr/local/bin/coraenv
> unset ORAENV_ASK
>

> Any more?
>

> --
> |suned1!lev_at_elroy.JPL.Nasa.Gov|lev_at_suned1.nswses.navy.mil|sun!suntzu!suned1!l
> |S.T.A.R.S. The revolution has begun!| My Opinions are Mine mine mine hahaha

How about $ORACLE_BASE?

(hint:  when asking questions, state version numbers)
(another hint:  Oracle has a steep learning curve - demand training)
(third hint:  The oracle tools are independently available, so don't
expect a master list - join the International users group and put out a paper on the subject!)
--
"See your System Administrator?" I *AM* the #%_at_!?& System Administrator!

INTERNET: tumidity_at_netlink.cts.com (Joel Garry)
UUCP:  ...!ryptyde!netlink!tumidity