XA interfaces

From: Tai Tran <tai_at_vela.csis.dit.csiro.au>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1993 07:51:12 GMT

Hi everyone,

I am using the XA interfaces of Oracle Version 7.0.12. I wrote a simple C++ program trying to find out what the name of the name of this resource manager is, and what the name of the xa_switch_t structure for this resource manager is. When I compiled the program and linked with the library libxa.a, I get the following error :

CC -o t1 t1.cc -l/proj/sdss/oracle7.0.12/oracle_home/lib/libxa.a ld: -l/proj/sdss/oracle7.0.12/oracle_home/lib/libxa.a: expected libx.so(.major.minor.xxx)

Compilation failed
*** Error code 4
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `t1'

Does anybody know:

  • how to solve this error?
  • what the name of the xa_switch_t structure associated with oracle is?
  • what the published name of the Oracle XA interface is?

I am using Oracle with Tuxedo. Does anybody know the format of the "string" that we have to pass to the xa_open routine of the Oracle XA interface when we open the Oracle resource manager?

Here is the prototype of the xa_open routine :

        int xa_open(char *xa_info, int rmid, long flags)

The "string" mentioned above is the "xa_info" string.

Thank you very much. Received on Thu Mar 25 1993 - 08:51:12 CET

Original text of this message