Keep questions AND answers on the net

From: Jeff Stander <jstander_at_ml.csiro.au>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1993 01:12:23 GMT

In article 24143_at_cbfsb.cb.att.com, colten_at_cbnewsb.cb.att.com (marc.colten) writes:
>If anyone has encountered these problems and have a solution,
>or can state authoritatively that there is no solution, I'd
>appreciate an e-mail>

I keep reading requests (like this one) for people to EMAIL their answers. For questions of general interest or problems with SQL*FORMS, SQL*PLUS, etc there are usually a lot of netwatchers like me who look for the answers, which are often pertinent to their work. I find all too often I am sending a "me too" request to the author of the query because he has requested an e-mail reply. IMHO I don't think you should be so humble as to assume that a large number of readers wouldn't also be interested.

---

Jeff.Stander_at_ml.csiro.au        _--_|\        Database Analyst
CSIRO Division Of Fisheries    /      \       Pelagic Fisheries Resources
GPO Box 1538, Hobart           \_.--._/       Tasmania 7001, Australia
Aus Tel: 002-206-206                 v        Intl Tel: +61-02-206-206
Aus Fax: 002-240-530                          Intl Fax: +61-02-240-530