Re: Keep questions AND answers on the net

From: David Bath <dtb_at_otto>
Date: 12 Mar 93 03:00:19 GMT

jstander_at_ml.csiro.au (Jeff Stander) writes:

>In article 24143_at_cbfsb.cb.att.com, colten_at_cbnewsb.cb.att.com (marc.colten) writes:
>>If anyone has encountered these problems and have a solution,
>>or can state authoritatively that there is no solution, I'd
>>appreciate an e-mail>
>>

>I keep reading requests (like this one) for people to EMAIL their
>answers. For questions of general interest or problems with SQL*FORMS,
>SQL*PLUS, etc there are usually a lot of netwatchers like me who look
>for the answers, which are often pertinent to their work. I find all
>too often I am sending a "me too" request to the author of the query
>because he has requested an e-mail reply. IMHO I don't think you should
>be so humble as to assume that a large number of readers wouldn't also be
>interested.

Yep, I agree. Actually, the poster of the original question, having received the benefit of a number of replies should post a summary back if only to keep karma balanced.

I am working on the non-DBA FAQ, among other things, so if you DO get a decent solution to a problem - please mail me (together with the names of those who contributed to the solution) and I'll incorporate it into the next rev of the FAQ.

Currently there are 3 FAQs floating around on this newsgroup DBA FAQ - Kevin Lomey (?) as SCOTT/TIGER

        I reposted this recently but he is flat out at the moment Oraperl FAQ - Kevin Stock

        I posted this recently
non-DBA FAQ (me)

	Posted v0.2 recently, waiting for a bit more feedback before I
	release 0.3, but thanks to those who HAVE given me some feedback.
	Eventually this FAQ will split into separate FAQ's for different
	products and interfaces, and hopefully I will be able to devolve
	responsibility.

Regards to u all

--
David T. Bath             | Email:dtb_at_otto.bf.rmit.oz.au (131.170.40.10)
Senior Tech Consultant    | Phone: +61 3 347-7511 TZ=AEST-10AEDST-11