Re: Does anybody really likes Report?

From: Sybrand Bakker <>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 22:38:08 +0200

[Quoted] On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 21:29:06 +0200, "Verner Jensen, Ålborg" <> wrote:

>Hi' there!
>Even though I've been working with Oracle Reports for 8 years by now - I've
>hated the produt since day 1.
>I can't count the times where I had to start all over again - waisting
>serveral days of work.
>I'm looking forward to the day where Reports finally is retired.....
>Regards, Vern

Obviously you never worked with Reports 1.x and RPT/RPF.
In the past I worked with SQR (Structured Query Report writer). Last time I looked it seems to have been bought by .... Oracle. It is quite a nice product, allowing you to use pure 3 GL produceral constructs and SQL without resorting to Pro*C or OCI. You even can use the -r switch and everything will be printed from right to left (the original author was Jewish) ;)

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA