Re: There are no Oracle gurus!

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 12:54:04 -0800

Ed Prochak wrote:

> I will say this about recent threads. The quality of the Questions
> seems to have gone way down. And even when we have replied trying to
> get more information so we can help, the original poster seldom
> replies. I wonder more and more if posters think this is a chat room
> where the replies will come in seconds or minutes instead of hours or
> days. When they see no response after a few minutes, they walk away.

[Quoted] I've noticed the same thing and wonder whether these people think because some of us are regulars that we are paid to do this.

For the record ... we do this because we enjoy it ... we don't get paid [Quoted] and in fact pay money for the ability, just like you, to connect to the [Quoted] internet and do this ... and third all but one or two of us do NOT work [Quoted] for Oracle Corp. and feel free to criticize Oracle, criticize posts, go on about David Bowie, or do whatever we feel like at any particular [Quoted] moment in time.

What has never been pointed out before is how few people, having had their bacon pulled out of the fire, ever come back and say "Thank you." [Quoted] Few do and it is noted and appreciated but most do not. And yet we are [Quoted] the ones that are rude: Such is life.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington