Re: There are no Oracle gurus!

From: DA Morgan <>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 12:46:50 -0800
>>So why didn't you provide the helping hand instead of
>>criticizing my response?

> Because (A) I don't pretend to be an Oracle expert
> and (B) you needed the criticism.
> I've been reading Oracle topics in newsgroups for a couple of months
> now and I have found little to no useful information in all that text.
> Most respondants either tell you to hire a DBA, go back to school, or
> try to change the subject.

Most responses either point to a reference with the solution or provide the code or sufficiently large a hint to solve the problem.

And as someone else has pointed out ... if those like you bothered to read past the first sentence you'd have seen that I did, in fact, provide a complete answer.

Re-read the first sentence you wrote:

"(A) I don't pretend to be an Oracle expert"

Yet you feel fully qualified to comment on the rationale behind their thinking. Do you run around hospitals criticizing surgeons when they advise a patient against a risky surgical procedure too?

Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington
(replace 'x' with 'u' to respond)