Re: Oracle Developer

From: mo <m_at_m.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 02:33:19 +0800

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have the basic oracle architecture concepts in undergraduate course. I know SQL & PL/SQL, they are quite easy to pick up.

For Oracle forms, I don't know how to describe how difficult for me to learn it. There are numerous build-in features (eg WHEN-NEW-FORM INSTANCE), and it's not easy to understand them all.

I understand that it's better for me to take an Oracle course, but I am lacking in $$. Thus, I want to know the proper way of self-learning Oracle forms.

Is the book I mentioned before "Oracle Advanced Forms and Reports" still up-to-date since it is published in 1996.

You suggest me to read the materials in Oracle web site?

thanks

> | Hi all,
> |
> | I am a newbie to Oracle Developer, I want to learn it within a month,
> | would you please share how you handle this tool (esp. Oracle form
> builder)?
> | Through self-learning or training course...etc?
> |
> | If you have good notes on hand, would you please send me a copy?
> |
> | I've only "Oracle Developer Advanced Forms & Reports" reference
> | book on hand, don't know whether it is good enough.
> |
> | my email address is:
> | a2b380_at_hotmail.com
> |
> | thanks in advance.
> |

> mo,
>
> forms is very tricky and not real straight-forward
>
> to be proficient in forms you will need proficiency in SQL and PL/SQL, as
> well as a good understanding of relational database theory/design, and GUI
> (Graphic User Interface) design skills.
>
> if you are (as indicated in other posts) being told to learn it in 30 days
> are be fired/re-assigned, then you either need your manager to provide
more
> realistic goals, or start considering where your next job or assignment
> should be.
>
> some good advice appears elsewhere in this thread regarding manuals (from
> OTN) and books. the 6-month time frame mentioned elsewhere may be doable,
> but it depends on your current skill-set. what is your experience with SQL
> and relational databases? what is your programming language experience?
what