Re: Oracle Developer

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 09:37:01 -0400

"mo" <m_at_m.com> wrote in message news:chchc7$etj43_at_imsp212.netvigator.com...
| Hi all,
|
| I am a newbie to Oracle Developer, I want to learn it within a month,
| would you please share how you handle this tool (esp. Oracle form
builder)?
| Through self-learning or training course...etc?
|
| If you have good notes on hand, would you please send me a copy?
|
| I've only "Oracle Developer Advanced Forms & Reports" reference
| book on hand, don't know whether it is good enough.
|
| my email address is:
| a2b380_at_hotmail.com
|
| thanks in advance.

mo,

forms is very tricky and not real straight-forward

to be proficient in forms you will need proficiency in SQL and PL/SQL, as well as a good understanding of relational database theory/design, and GUI (Graphic User Interface) design skills.

if you are (as indicated in other posts) being told to learn it in 30 days are be fired/re-assigned, then you either need your manager to provide more [Quoted] realistic goals, or start considering where your next job or assignment should be.

some good advice appears elsewhere in this thread regarding manuals (from OTN) and books. the 6-month time frame mentioned elsewhere may be doable, but it depends on your current skill-set. what is your experience with SQL and relational databases? what is your programming language experience? what [Quoted] is your application design experience? and, very important, what type of tasks do you need to become proficient at learning?

++ mcs Received on Sun Sep 05 2004 - 15:37:01 CEST

Original text of this message