Re: Oracle Developer

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 09:37:01 -0400

"mo" <m_at_m.com> wrote in message news:chchc7$etj43_at_imsp212.netvigator.com...
| Hi all,
|
| I am a newbie to Oracle Developer, I want to learn it within a month,
| would you please share how you handle this tool (esp. Oracle form
builder)?
| Through self-learning or training course...etc?
|
| If you have good notes on hand, would you please send me a copy?
|
| I've only "Oracle Developer Advanced Forms & Reports" reference
| book on hand, don't know whether it is good enough.
|
| my email address is:
| a2b380_at_hotmail.com
|
| thanks in advance.

mo,

forms is very tricky and not real straight-forward

to be proficient in forms you will need proficiency in SQL and PL/SQL, as well as a good understanding of relational database theory/design, and GUI (Graphic User Interface) design skills.

if you are (as indicated in other posts) being told to learn it in 30 days are be fired/re-assigned, then you either need your manager to provide more realistic goals, or start considering where your next job or assignment should be.

some good advice appears elsewhere in this thread regarding manuals (from OTN) and books. the 6-month time frame mentioned elsewhere may be doable, but it depends on your current skill-set. what is your experience with SQL and relational databases? what is your programming language experience? what is your application design experience? and, very important, what type of tasks do you need to become proficient at learning?

++ mcs Received on Sun Sep 05 2004 - 08:37:01 CDT