Re: Oracle Developer

From: Daniel Morgan <>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 12:13:54 -0700

mo wrote:

> I have the basic oracle architecture concepts in undergraduate
> course. I know SQL & PL/SQL, they are quite easy to pick up.
> For Oracle forms, I don't know how to describe how difficult
> for me to learn it. There are numerous build-in features (eg
> WHEN-NEW-FORM INSTANCE), and it's not easy to understand
> them all.
> I understand that it's better for me to take an Oracle course,
> but I am lacking in $$. Thus, I want to know the proper way
> of self-learning Oracle forms.
> Is the book I mentioned before "Oracle Advanced Forms and
> Reports" still up-to-date since it is published in 1996.
> You suggest me to read the materials in Oracle web site?
> thanks

I think the publicly available materials, no matter how flawed, are the best you are going to get if you can not afford to take a class. Though I do find it rather incredible that you can't come up with the money for a class that is directly related to your employment and the skill set that makes or keeps you employable.

Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington
(replace 'x' with 'u' to respond)